FitNik’s Chocolate Protein Bar Recipe
FitNik’s Nutritious Recipes
Chocolate Protein Bars
1 ½ cups of black beans (either 1 x 15 oz can drained and rinsed or half a packet of dried black beans – which can be soaked over night then simmered for 45 minutes and rinsed ready for use).
3 tbsp of cacao powder (preferably organic)
2 scoops of protein powder (approx. 90gm)
½ cup of honey or pure maple syrup
3 ½ tbsp of coconut oil (preferably organic)
1 tbst pure vanilla extract (preferably organic)
½ tsp baking powder
½ a packet of 85% cocoa chocolate (lindt or equivalent)
- Preheat the oven to 350 F or 180 C fan forced.
- Prepare a 9 x 9 baking tray spraying with cooking spray and set aside or use grease proof paper to line tray.
- Combine all ingredients except cocoa chocolate in a food processor and blend until you have a smooth consistency. A blender can be used but will not provide the same smooth consistency result.
- Pour mixture in baking tray and smooth over.
- Break up chocolate squares into 4 pieces each (approx. ½ inch in size) should have approx. 20 pieces.
- Place chocolate in a 5 x 4 configuration over mixture in tray.
- Cook for approximately 16 minutes then cool. It will look underdone but it is fine. Cool then place in the refrigerator. Cut into 20 pieces.
1 serving approximately equals:
- 2.5 gm fat
- 9 gm carbs
- 7 gm protein
- 75 calories