FitNik’s Rice Crispie Protein Bar
Check out our Official Australian Fit Cop Rep Nikki’s “FitNik’s Nutritious Recipes!”
Rice Crispie Protein Bars
4 cups of rice crispie cereal (rice bubbles, rice krispies etc)
2/3 cup of all natural peanut butter (100 % peanuts )
½ cup of honey
2/3 cup protein powder (100gm)
4 squares of 85% cocoa chocolate (lindt or equivalent)
- Prepare a 9 x 9 baking tray spraying with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl combine cereal and protein powder and set aside.
- In a small pan over a low heat add peanut butter and honey. Stir until peanut butter is melted and fully combined with honey.
- Remove from heat and pour into the cereal mixture. Stir through until everything is fully combined.
- Pour into prepared baking dish. Use a spatula to spread mixture evenly in the tray pressing down firmly.
- Place chocolate into microwave safe container and nuke on high at 20 sec intervals. Mix between each interval until fully melted. Drizzle chocolate over top of cereal mixture using a spoon.
- Place tray into the fridge and allow to cool for 30-40 minutes. Cut into 16 squares.
1 square approximately equals
- 8 gm protein
- 5 gm fat
- 18 gm carbs
- 185 calories
*If you are allergic to peanuts, you may substitute almond butter for the peanut butter
FOLLOW NIKKI ON INSTAGRAM —- @fitandfabnikki